Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Byron Bay Trip

Have just returned from the most amazing 3 day trip to Byron Bay with T to celebrate our sixth anniversary.

Words cannot describe my happiness! Our accommodation, the weather, EVERYTHING, was perfect.


We stayed at 'Summerhouse' which was the most perfect place about a 10 minute drive out of the centre of Byron Bay. It is a HUGE house with separate rooms and shared common areas. Luckily for us there was only one other couple there who checked out the next morning after we arrived so we had the place to ourselves. The view was absolutely breathtaking ,photos don't do it justice.


Each morning we woke up and wandered out to the common area where breakfast was cooked for us! Youghurt, delicious muslies, fruit salad, hot breakfasts ,coffee on tap and pancakes anyone?!


Sitting out on the deck with a plate of cheese and a glass of wine was heavenly. The weather was so warm , I didn't want to move.

 View from our balcony off our room. 


 If it has been summer, I would have been in this pool all day long.


Apart from driving around town ( we hired a car) we also drove up to the Bryon Bay Lighthouse which apart from being the most easterly point of the Australian mainland, has stunning views. The hike back up the stairs nearly killed us , it got soooo hot. 

Looking out from the lighthouse.


My beloved 


Forcing T to take photos of me doing jumps. May have nearly killed myself attempting cartwheels.


 Main Beach, Byron Bay. Best place to sit and eat fish chips and people watch.


 Love you T, you crazy kid! xx

6 comments:

  1. Aw such cute pictures, the views look beautiful!!x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous location!! I don't think I have ever been to Byron?? .... I would be in that pool all day too! haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My god what a gorgeous place to spend your anniversary!!! I havent been to Byron in years and this post has made me want to head back there so bad! Happy Anniversary :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. You cutttttttie patoooooties!!!

    Love, love, love these summery photos when it's so freezing - they give me hope!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww looks like such a lovely time away :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. yayyyyy for trips!
    byron is beautiful.
    looks like you crazy kids had a fun time.
    i really want fish and chips now.
    p.s. yes we had the drinks at the winery in surry hills.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!