Thursday, May 19, 2011

Let's Hear It For......


I finally took the plunge and booked my flight to New York! SOLO!

I could have waited until my boyfriend had time off work, I could have waited until my bestie and I had the funds to spend a decent amount of time travelling through America, but in the end I would have been waiting and waiting forever! So I just did it, and in 3 and a half months I will be in the city that has been creeping into my dreams more and more often of late.

I'm not going to lie, it would be great to have someone to share the experience with, but I am strangely really looking forward to being able to do what I want, when I want, how I want! Strolling the streets, shopping, searching for the best spots to eat, taking in the atmosphere, visiting the museums, it all awaits me and I CANNOT WAIT!



Now to decide where to stay. My good friend spent some time in Williamsberg and has convinced me I should spend some time there. I know a few of you have been to NYC so please feel free to give me some tips, anything at all is appreciated!

Has anyone else got any travel plans coming up? Are you as excited as I am?

5 comments:

  1. Soho/Greenwich Village/Chelsea. altho in all honestly its SO EASY to get around and everything is close so dont stress too much about it :)))

    youll have the best time, J and I are already planning on getting back there next year!

    And good on you for just going it alone. I was planning on doing that but J fell out of the sky into my life and just so happened to be wanting to travel too so it worked out well. It'll be so nice for you to do whatever you feel like though, I think travelling alone is a great life experience x

    ReplyDelete
  2. TG- Yes I am thinking around those areas as well!
    I loved your posts about your trip, I just re-read them actually! I'm already thinking about a trip back there with T when I haven't even gone on my first trip yet ha ha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! This is so exciting, I wish I were going to New York too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am SO JEAOULS IT IS NOT EVEN FUNNY! AND NOW I AM YELLING AT YOU!!! WAH! DO WANT!

    ReplyDelete
  5. FIF- Thanks! So exciting!

    Amanda- All I can say is....haha...haha..mwhahahaahahha! ;D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!