Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Jo Malone Wild Bluebell Cologne


Wild Bluebell is my first Jo Malone fragrance. I have wanted to try one of these colognes for the longest time so jumped at the opportunity when I had the chance to pay US retail which of course is significantly lower. 


All wrapped up nice and pretty!

As I find it near impossible to put into words what I am smelling, the description from the Jo Malone website is as follows:

"Deliciously dewy, this cologne drenches the skin with the delicate scent of bluebells. Luminous with lush persimmon, lily of the valley and eglantine. Mesmerising."

I brought this from an absolutely charming sales person at Bergdorf Goodman. Damn that guy was nice! They really know how to do service well in the good ol' US of A. Anyway, I digress...

I really love the smell of gardenias/ freesias so I asked him to show me something along those lines. Not sure how I ended up smelling this, probably because it is a new fragrance so they were pushing it! Somehow I decided at the time I loved this the most although it has no gardenia or freesia. It does have lily of the valley which I also love, maybe that was it.


I didn't open this up again until I got home. Now I am not so sure about this? As I mentioned above, I am terrible at describing fragrances but I'll do my best to explain. It has a lovely fresh and clean scent, but there is something to it that puts me of a little, perhaps a little to sickly sweet for my own tastes. I have since learnt ( after purchase of course!) that no natural extract of wild blue bell exists. I distinctly remember having a Tommy Hilfiger fragrance YEARS ( like 10!) ago which had a similar note and I could never wear it. I fear this may head the same way unfortunately. 

All up, I like it, but I don't love it. In restropect I probably would have been happiest with plain old Vintage Gardenia. Ah well, we live and we learn. 


Not sure what to do with it now, as I doubt I will get through it because it just doesn't smell right on me, although I am sure others would love it!


This is a picture I took after I brought it. The guy was so generous with samples! I have been keeping them in my handbag, and can attest that English Pear and Freesia and Nectarine and Honey Blossom are TO DIE FOR!! Makes me sad because I wish I had them instead!

Perfume is a funny thing, can smell so wonderful one minute and completely different the next



Have you ever been disappointed with a perfume purchase? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!